Moroccan Ottoman Cube
- 100% Wool
- Size: 39cm x 39cm x 39cm. Zip closure underneath.
- Ethically handmade in Morocco
This Moroccan Ottomon is the perfect way to bring a bit of boho to your home. It has a mixture of multi-coloured criss-cross and camel design on a buttermilk background. It really is a beautiful floor cushion. It can be used as additional seating in your home, foot rest or it can also double up as a side table. Even without functionality it will look stunning in a living room and will instantly give a Moroccan feel to your home. Each of these cushion are hand-woven by women of the Berber tribe in the Atlas Mountains.
Your pouffe can be stuffed with a number of different things you will have already in your home such as plastic bags, old scrunched up newspapers, cushion fillers of all sizes, old garments. You can even use them as an additional storage unit for blankets, towels and clothes - store your winter clothes in summer and your summer clothes in winter - traditionally this is what the Berbers did with their pouffes. Alternatively you can visit a furniture upholsterer and they can stuff it for you.
Step by step guide to stuffing your pouffe:
- Make sure the material you are using is clean and dry
- The zipper is located on the bottom of the pouffe. Unzip the pouffe and open it out to its full shape
- Start by gradually filling the sides at the top of your pouffe to ensure that all the nooks and crannies are fully stuffed. This will prevent dimples and bumps in the finished pouffe.
- Continue stuffing evenly – add a layer of stuffing and push it down firmly (again, ensuring that the sides and seams are fully filled out) before moving on to add another layer.
- Continue until the pouffe is full