Moroccan Cream / Multicoloured Kilim Floor Cushion
- Made from vintage Berber Kilim rugs
- Size: 59cm x 59cm x 20cm. Zip closure on side of cushion
- Ethically handmade in Morocco
These floor cushions are the perfect accessory to add a bit of bohemian chic to your home. They can be used as additional seating in your home or in your garden during the summer months or if stacked together, they also double up as a side table or coffee table. Even without functionality, they just look stunning in a living room and will instantly give a Moroccan feel to your home. Each cushion is hand-woven by Berber women. They come in all different designs and colours and are all unique, no two are the same.
Your pouffe can be stuffed with a number of different things you will have already in your home such as plastic bags, old scrunched up newspapers, cushion fillers of all sizes, old garments. You can even use them as an additional storage unit for blankets, towels and clothes - store your winter clothes in summer and your summer clothes in winter - traditionally this is what the Berbers did with their pouffes. Alternatively you can visit a furniture upholsterer and they can stuff it for you.
Step by step guide to stuffing your pouffe:
- Make sure the material you are using is clean and dry
- The zipper is located on the bottom of the pouffe. Unzip the pouffe and open it out to its full shape
- Start by gradually filling the sides at the top of your pouffe to ensure that all the nooks and crannies are fully stuffed. This will prevent dimples and bumps in the finished pouffe.
- Continue stuffing evenly – add a layer of stuffing and push it down firmly (again, ensuring that the sides and seams are fully filled out) before moving on to add another layer.
- Continue until the pouffe is full